Air fryer artichoke hearts are a delicious, healthy appetizer, snack, or side dish everyone will love. Seasoned frozen artichoke hearts have a cooking time of 10 minutes or less. Serve them with my simple garlic aioli for a flavorful vegetable treat.
When it comes to quick cooking for vegetables, the air fryer is king. In ten minutes, frozen artichoke hearts come out crispy and golden brown. Italian seasoning provides delicious flavor, while a simple garlic aioli made from mayonnaise, minced garlic, and lemon juice makes the perfect dipping sauce.
You will love this recipe if you are a fan of artichoke hearts. Serve this crowd-pleasing appetizer at your next dinner party or alongside a cooked protein or sandwich. Additionally, air-fried artichoke hearts are a healthy alternative to french fries. Try my deliciously seasoned air fryer sweet potato wedges for another healthy French fry alternative.
Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts with Garlic Aioli
Little prep is required in this simple recipe, thanks to frozen artichoke hearts. The air fryer cooks them quickly, and this easy appetizer or side dish is ready in minutes. Here is why you will love this air fryer artichokes recipe:
- Crowd Pleaser - Perfect, healthy appetizer your family or guests will adore
- Less Work - Simple ingredients and little preparation required
- Dipping Sauce - Easy “cheater’s” garlic aioli for dipping sauce
- Easy - The air fryer does all of the work
- Frozen Artichoke Hearts - This easy recipe uses frozen hearts that are frozen at peak freshness and require no additional prep work.
- Olive Oil - Olive oil helps the artichoke hearts achieve the perfect crispy, golden brown exterior.
- Italian Seasoning - Dried Italian herbs coat the artichokes in a bold flavor that permeates the kitchen as they cook.
- Black Pepper
- Mayonnaise - Mayonnaise is the base of the easy garlic aioli dipping sauce. I used an olive oil-based mayo.
- Garlic (minced)
- Lemon Juice (fresh) - Freshly squeezed lemon juice infuses the garlic mayonnaise to complete the simple garlic aioli dip.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (not pictured) - For garnish.
See the recipe card for ingredient quantities.
STEP 1 - Preheat the air fryer to 375 F.
STEP 2 - Coat the artichoke hearts with salt, pepper, seasoning, and olive oil.
STEP 3 - Transfer the coated artichoke hearts to a greased air fryer basket, placing them in an even layer. Cook for 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
STEP 4 - Make the garlic aioli sauce.
STEP 5 - Serve artichoke hearts immediately with the garlic aioli and parmesan cheese, if desired.
Substitutions and Additions
- Olive Oil - Avocado Oil
- Additions - Garlic Powder, Onion Powder
- Spicy - Toss the artichoke hearts in ¼ to ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes alongside the Italian herb seasoning.
Crispy air fryer artichoke hearts are best served immediately but will keep fresh for up to 3 days. Transfer cooled artichoke hearts to an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze air-fried artichoke hearts? Re-freezing is not recommended.
What to Serve with Air Fried Artichoke Hearts
Enjoy air-fried artichoke hearts as a snack, appetizer, or side dish. They are delicious with a dipping sauce, so I paired these crispy vegetables with an easy garlic aioli sauce. Serve artichoke hearts as a side dish to cooked proteins like chicken breast, steak, or salmon. Or serve them as a French fry alternative alongside burgers or sandwiches. Here are some of my favorite recipes to serve these air-fried, seasoned artichokes with:
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers
- Crockpot Frozen Turkey Meatball Subs
- Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
Other Air Fryer Favorites
- Air Fryer Perogies
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Tots
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- Preheat the air fryer for even cooking.
- Grease the basket with cooking spray to prevent the artichoke hearts from sticking to the basket.
- Avoid overlapping the artichoke hearts in the air fryer basket. Most air fryer baskets hold 12 oz of artichoke hearts, but cook them in multiple batches if needed.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the brand and size of your air fryer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Reheat leftover artichoke hearts in the air fryer at 325 F for a few minutes until heated.
Drain and dry the canned artichoke hearts with paper towels—season as the recipe specifies. Cooking time will vary depending on the air fryer.
If you make the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe, and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #sugarylogic, and share them with me on Instagram or Facebook.
Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts
- 12 oz frozen artichoke hearts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- grated Parmesan cheese - for garnish optional
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 375° F.
- Coat the artichoke hearts in salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and olive oil.
- Transfer the coated artichoke hearts to a greased air fryer basket, placing them in an even layer. Cook for 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While the artichoke hearts are cooking, combine the mayonnaise, minced garlic, lemon juice, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Serve crispy artichoke hearts immediately with the garlic aioli and parmesan cheese, if desired.
Did you make this? Leave a review below and tag me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest!
Delicious quick and easy artichoke air fry recipe. Instructions are easy to follow and the artichoke hearts were delicious. Thank you for sharing!