Make garlic fries easily in the air fryer with this simple recipe. Homemade garlic-infused oil coats crispy, seasoned frozen fries for the ultimate side dish. Ready in twenty minutes, enjoy restaurant-quality garlic fries at home.
Why make traditional French fries when you can make crispy garlic fries in the air fryer? Air-frying frozen fries is a great way to replicate restaurant-style classic french fries at home with less oil than traditional fries.
Like air fryer cauliflower tots, this easy recipe starts with frozen fries. Garlic seasoning coats the hot crispy French fries before homemade garlic oil is poured on top for ultimate flavor. Finish the fries with chopped fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
Serve air fryer garlic fries with your favorite dipping sauces. Pair this simple side dish with burgers or sandwiches.
Easy Air Fryer Fries
Not only are air fryer French fries a healthier option than takeout, but they are easy to make too. The best way to cook fries at home is with an air fryer. The trusty kitchen gadget makes the cooking process foolproof. They are ready in half the time with minimal effort. Garlic seasoning and garlic oil coats the crispy fries for an unmatched flavor.
- Frozen French Fries - Starting with frozen fries cuts time, dishes, and work. There is no need to peel or cut potatoes.
- Crispy Fries - The air fryer cooks frozen fries with minimal effort. Fries come out perfectly crispy and golden brown in minutes.
- Easy Side Dish - Garlic fries are cooked and ready in just twenty minutes. This easy side dish is perfect for any night of the week.
- Frozen Fries - Use your favorite brand.
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Garlic (minced)
- Optional Garnishes - Fresh Parsley, Parmesan Cheese, Kosher Salt, Freshly Cracked Pepper
See the recipe card for the ingredient quantities.
- Frozen Fries - Frozen Tots
- Olive Oil - Avocado Oil, Butter
- Additional Garnishes - Parmesan Cheese, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Caramelized Onions, Chives, Scallions, Crumbled Feta, Crumbled Blue Cheese
STEP 1 (PREPARE) - Preheat the air fryer to 400℉. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray, then add the frozen fries in a single layer. Spray the fries with additional cooking spray.
STEP 2 (AIR FRY) - Cook the frozen fries in the air fryer for about 10 minutes until golden brown, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
STEP 3 (MAKE THE GARLIC OIL) - Heat the olive oil and minced garlic in a small pan over medium heat until the garlic is fragrant and slightly golden, about 2 minutes.
STEP 4 (SEASON THE FRIES) - Toss the hot fries in the garlic powder and onion powder in a large bowl. Pour the garlic-infused oil over the fries and toss to coat. Season with salt and black pepper if desired.
STEP 5 (GARNISH AND SERVE) - Serve the fries immediately with desired garnishes and dipping sauces.
What to Serve with Garlic Fries
Enjoy garlic fries as a side dish or appetizer. Serve them as a side dish to burgers, sandwiches, or cooked proteins like slow cooker BBQ chicken thighs or cracker-crusted chicken nuggets. Thanks to the prevalent seasoning and garlic oil coating, these fries are delicious on their own, but they are equally yummy dipped into ketchup or ranch dressing.
- Best Air Fryer: This COSORI Air Fryer Max XL has a large basket perfect for making various dishes (including this one).
Storage and Reheating
Transfer cooled fries to an airtight container. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, preheat the air fryer to 350℉. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Transfer the leftover fries to the greased basket and cook until the fries are crispy and heated through about 5-7 minutes.
Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Parmesan
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Onions
- Cook the fries in a preheated air fryer for even cooking.
- While some overlap is okay, avoid over-stuffing the air fryer basket with frozen fries. If needed, cook the fries in two separate batches.
- Spray the basket and fries with cooking spray to avoid sticking and promote browning.
- Shake the air fryer basket halfway through cooking to ensure that the fries cook evenly.
- Season the fries while they are still hot.
- Every air fryer is different. Cooking times may vary depending on the model.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cooking frozen fries in an air fryer is not only possible but a more efficient method than cooking them in the oven. Fries cook in half the time without turning on the hot oven (perfect for summertime or weeknight cooking).
You have overcrowded the air fryer basket, which prevents even cooking and crisping. Place the fries in a single layer. Cook the frozen fries in two separate batches, if needed, depending on the size of your air fryer. Spray fries with olive oil cooking spray to promote browning and cook them at a high temperature.
Air Fryer Garlic Fries
- Preheat the air fryer to 400℉. Set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray, then add the frozen fries. Spray the fries with additional cooking spray.
- Cook the frozen fries in the air fryer for about 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
- While the fries are cooking, heat the olive oil and minced garlic in a small pan over medium heat until the garlic is fragrant and slightly golden, about 2 minutes.
- Toss the cooked fries in the garlic powder and onion powder in a large bowl. Pour the garlic-infused oil over the fries and toss to coat. Season with salt and black pepper if desired.
- Serve the fries immediately with chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.