Easy parmesan-crusted Garlic Butter Rolls are ready in minutes thanks to store-bought rolls and a simple garlic butter spread. Softened butter marries with garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese for an irresistible topping. Serve these rolls with your favorite pasta!
When it comes to pasta, nothing pairs better with it than garlic bread. These garlic butter rolls are easy to make and already portioned. They are the perfect side for a big bowl of pasta, like my creamy roasted red pepper pasta.
This easy recipe uses few ingredients and can be ready at a moment's notice. An appropriate amount of minced garlic and fresh Italian parsley blend into softened unsalted butter. The garlicky butter spread coats the dinner rolls. The tantalizing butter rolls are finished with a healthy coating of melted parmesan.
You can never go wrong with the garlic-parmesan combination - add rich butter to the mix, and we have a winner. Enjoy these rolls warm or at room temperature. Serve garlic rolls with pasta or soup, like my easy Italian ground turkey soup. You are going to love them!
Garlic Butter Rolls
This recipe is made just like your favorite garlic bread, but instead with buttery, premade dinner rolls. Minimal prep and cooking are required to make this delectable garlicky side dish. Here is why you will love these rolls:
- They are easy to prepare and require few ingredients.
- The simple recipe starts with premade, store-bought rolls (no need to make homemade dough).
- Garlic infuses butter with an addictive flavor.
- The rolls are coated in garlicky butter and melted parmesan cheese.
- Store-Bought Rolls
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Garlic (minced)
- Italian Parsley (finely chopped)
- Parmesan Cheese (grated)
See the recipe card for ingredient quantities.
STEP 1 - Preheat the oven to 350°F.
STEP 2 - Combine the softened butter, minced garlic, and parsley in a small bowl until combined.
STEP 3 - Place the rolls on a sheet tray. Using a spatula, slather the rolls in garlic butter and bake them for 10 minutes.
STEP 4 - Remove the rolls from the oven. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the rolls until everything is coated. Broil the rolls on high until the cheese is melted; remove the tray from the oven.
STEP 5 - Garnish rolls with additional parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- Extra Cheesy - Mix ½ a cup of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese with the parmesan cheese.
- USA Pan Bakeware Quarter Sheet Pan
- 8-inch Chef's Knife
- Deiss PRO Lemon Zester & Heavy Duty Cheese Grater & Vegetable Grater
What to Serve with Garlic Rolls
Like garlic bread, garlic butter rolls are deliciously served alongside pasta. They are equally delicious with soup or cooked proteins like steak or chicken. Here are a few recipes I love these garlicky rolls with:
- Lemon Garlic Pasta
- 20-Minute Cherry Tomato Basil Pasta
- Bucatini Pomodoro
- Easy Bolognese Sauce Recipe
- Chicken Sausage Pasta with Broccoli
Garlic rolls are best when served fresh out of the oven. Store the leftover rolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep fresh for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze garlic butter rolls? Yes, transfer cooled rolls to an airtight container or freezer-safe zip-top bag. Freeze rolls for 2 to 3 months - thaw them completely before eating.
Other Delicious Sides
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Easy Honey Cornbread
- Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms with Rosemary
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Parmesan
- Use softened butter - rest it on the counter for 30 minutes to 1 hour to soften.
- Use a Microplane grater (zester) to mince the garlic right into the bowl of softened butter.
- Keep a close eye on the rolls when broiling; the melting process happens quickly, so it's easy to overcook the cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use any soft dinner roll like sweet Hawaiin or brioche rolls.
Garlic Butter Rolls
- 12 each dinner rolls
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley finely chopped
- ⅓ cup parmesan finely grated; plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the softened butter, minced garlic, and chopped parsley in a small bowl until combined.
- Place the rolls on a sheet tray. Using a spatula, slather the rolls in garlic butter and bake them for 10 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the rolls until everything is coated. Broil the rolls on high until the cheese is melted; remove the tray from the oven.
- Garnish with additional parmesan cheese and serve immediately.