If you're looking for a simple, flavorful side dish or topping, look no further than these pan-seared Garlic Butter Mushrooms with rosemary. Enhance any dish with this 10-minute mushroom recipe.
Rich, earthy mushrooms cooked in garlic butter and olive oil and infused with fresh rosemary; this is a flavorful vegetable side dish. Versatile and straightforward, they make any dish better. Toss garlic mushrooms with pasta or scoop them over grilled steak.
Despite its ten-minute cook time, this vegetable side is impressive and packed with flavor. Much like my parmesan garlic green beans, this easy one-pan wonder is perfect for any night of the week - easy prep, quick cooking, and simple ingredients!
- Mushrooms (sliced or halved - depending on size and type)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic (minced)
- Rosemary (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper
See the recipe card for ingredient quantities.
How to Clean Mushrooms
- Wipe each mushroom individually with a damp towel to remove dirt and debris.
- Lightly rinse the cleaned mushrooms and pat them dry. (This step prevents them from becoming slimy.)
DO NOT soak mushrooms in water. They are like little sponges and will absorb water.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet until melted. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and rosemary. Cook until the garlic becomes slightly golden and aromatic, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
Substitutions and Additions
- Butter Substitutes - You can use ghee or all olive oil instead of butter.
- Mushrooms - A variety of mushrooms would work well with this dish, including Shitake, Cremini, Portabella, and Oyster mushrooms.
- Herbs - The rosemary can be omitted or replaced with another herb, such as thyme or parsley. If replacing the rosemary, remember that some herbs are more potent than others in flavor. This means you may need to adjust the quantity.
- Bacon - You can add bacon to this recipe. Cook the bacon in a nonstick skillet. Remove the bacon once cooked. In the same pan with the bacon fat, cook the mushrooms. (You may need to add a small amount of butter or olive oil.) Deglaze the pan with a splash of white wine or vegetable stock.
- White Wine - Add one to two tablespoons of white wine. Cook for about 2 minutes to reduce.
Other Delicious Side Dish Recipes
- Oven Fries with "Aioli" - Two Ways
- Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- 20-Minute Pesto Potato Salad
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
Store cooled mushrooms in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat: transfer sauteed mushrooms to a skillet and cook over low heat until heated. Add a dash of broth if needed. You can also microwave leftovers for 45 seconds - 1 minute.
What to Eat with Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Garlic mushrooms are a delicious side dish and topping. Enhance cooked protein like steak, chicken breast, or pork chops. Toss these rosemary mushrooms with pappardelle pasta, grated Parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley. Enjoy this easy mushroom recipe for breakfast, too - pair this garlic butter vegetable with eggs.
- Use mushrooms of the same size for even cooking.
- Do not soak the mushrooms in water. Mushrooms are like little sponges - they absorb any liquid or fat they come in contact with.
- Season mushrooms at the end of cooking, not the beginning. Salt draws out moisture.
Frequently Asked Questions
While eating sauteed mushrooms right away is ideal; you can store the cooked mushrooms in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The whole cooking process of sauteeing mushrooms takes about 10 minutes.
Mushrooms are rich in fiber, protein, and antioxidants. Not only are they nutrient-dense, but they are also low-carb and low-calorie.
Garlic Butter Mushrooms with Rosemary
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb mushrooms (button, shiitake, cremini, or portobello) cleaned, sliced or halved, and stems trimmed
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet until melted. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and rosemary. Cook until garlic becomes slightly golden and aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and serve.