If you’re looking for a simple flavorful side, look no further than these Garlic Rosemary Mushrooms. They are buttery and oh so good!
What’s in this side dish?
- Mushrooms – 1 pound; I used white button mushrooms, but other varietals would work well in this recipe.
- Butter – 3 tablespoons
- Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Garlic – 2 large or 3 small cloves, finely chopped
- Fresh Rosemary – 1 teaspoon, chopped
- Salt & Pepper – pinch of each, to taste
How to make Garlic Rosemary Mushrooms:
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil until melted. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and rosemary. Cook until the garlic becomes slightly golden and aromatic, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
Can these mushrooms be made ahead of time?
While it’s most ideal to eat these mushrooms right away. The cooked mushrooms can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. How to store cooked mushrooms: Place them in a shallow airtight container.
What to serve Garlic Rosemary Mushrooms with:
- Atop a protein such as a steak, a chicken breast, or a pork chop.
- As a side dish with potatoes and a protein.
- Toss with pappardelle pasta and top with grated Parmesan & fresh parsley.
- Or, simply eat these delicious mushrooms by the spoonful.
Ingredient Substitutions & Inclusions
- Butter Substitutes: Instead of butter, you can also use ghee or all olive oil.
- Mushrooms: As specified above, there are a variety of mushrooms that would work well with this dish including Shitake, Cremini, Portabella, and Oyster mushrooms.
- Herbs: The rosemary can be omitted or replaced with another herb such as thyme or parsley. If replacing the rosemary, keep in mind that some herbs are stronger than others in flavor. Meaning, you may need to adjust the quantity.
- Bacon: You can add bacon to this recipe. Omit the butter and olive oil. Cook the bacon in a nonstick skillet. Remove the bacon once cooked. In the same pan with the bacon fat, cook the mushrooms. Deglaze the pan with a small amount of white wine or vegetable stock.
You may also like:
These Garlic Rosemary Mushrooms are a great side for the everyday or the special occasion meal. This impressive side comes together in a matter of minutes, but looks very impressive. These mushrooms are incredibly flavorful and addictive in flavor.
Garlic Rosemary Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb button mushrooms cleaned, sliced in half, and stems trimmed
- 2 large cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and butter until melted. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and rosemary. Cook until garlic becomes slightly golden and aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and serve.