These individual Chicken Pesto Naan Pizzas are DELICIOUS! They are flavorful, easy, and a delight to eat. The melty mozzarella, fragrant pesto, and crispy naan take pizza night to a whole new level!
When the pizza craving hits, pull out the naan! These individual chicken pesto naan pizzas are incredibly simple to prepare and deliver pizza satisfaction. Made with store-bought naan and premade pesto, the only steps left to do are to cook the chicken and assemble. It cannot get much easier than that!
These little pizzas are great any night of the week, but the simple cooking process makes this a great weeknight recipe. In just 15 minutes you have a set of five DELICIOUS chicken pesto pizzas!
Say hello to your new favorite 15-minute meal: chicken pesto naan pizzas! This recipe could not be easier. These pizzas deliver in flavor thanks to the pesto and fresh mozzarella. Next time the pizza craving hits, make a batch of these yummy naan pizzas.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Mini Naan Flatbreads - This naan pizza recipe is designed around mini naan. If using full-size naan, you may need to adjust ingredient quantities.
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil - The olive oil assists in browning and flavor. If desired, finish each pizza with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepared Pesto - Use your favorite brand! I love Costo and Trader Joe's pesto.
- Cooked Chicken Breast - Homecooked like pictured, or shredded rotisserie chicken are both delicious options for these pizzas. If using cooked chicken breast, dice it or slice it to your preferences.
- Sliced Fresh Mozzarella - I love the taste and texture of fresh mozzarella. Be sure to dry out the slices with a thick paper towel to avoid excess moisture on your pizzas. If desired, part-skim mozzarella works great too. It is nice and ooey-gooey when melted.
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes - Sliced in half.
- Fresh Basil – For garnish, if desired.
- Optional - Use crushed red pepper flakes and grated parmesan cheese for garnish.
How to Naan Pizzas
STEP 2 - Next, spread pesto onto the center of each naan. Leave an edge around the rim of each naan to be the crust.
STEP 3 - Evenly divide the chicken, mozzarella, and tomatoes over each naan. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and an additional drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
Heat the baking sheet tray in the oven while it preheats. A hot pan will give you a crispy crust which alleviates any chance of soggy pizza!
After baking, broil the naan pizzas for bubbly, golden brown cheese. Broil on low for 3 to 5 minutes.
Sprinkle each pizza with grated parmesan and/or red pepper flakes for an added oomph of flavor (and the real deal pizza experience).
What to Serve with Naan Pizzas
For a complete meal, pair a delicious salad or soup alongside these chicken pesto naan pizzas.
- Nectarine Spinach Salad
- Arugula Farro Salad with Strawberries
- Farro Salad with Fruit and Honey Mustard Dressing
- Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad
- Easy 10-Minute Creamy Tomato Soup
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can make these pizzas ahead of time. To reheat, set the oven to a low temperature of about 325° F. Place the baking sheet tray in the oven prior to adding the naan pizzas. Place the naan pizzas on the hot tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Store the pizzas in an airtight container or zip-top bag in the refrigerator. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Ideally, I would advise against this. They will lose some of their texture and become soft as they thaw.
Chicken Pesto Naan Pizzas
- 5 miniature naan
- ⅓ cup prepared pesto
- 5 oz sliced fresh mozzarella torn or roughly chopped into pieces
- 1 cooked chicken breast diced or sliced
- 10 grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- *For Garnish - grated parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Place the mini naan onto a baking sheet tray. Brush each naan with olive oil.
- Next, spread pesto onto the center of each naan. Leave an edge around the rim of each naan to be the crust.
- Evenly divide the chicken, mozzarella, and tomatoes (four halves per pizza) over each naan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and an additional drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Please leave a star rating and review below!
ANY QUESTIONS? Please leave a comment below!