This is the BEST and easiest Creamy Tomato Soup! It is dairy-free and comes together in just 10 minutes.
When it comes to soup, tomato soup has always been a favorite of mine. This creamy tomato soup recipe is literally the best tomato soup recipe I have ever made, and I am not just saying that.
It is creamy without the need for dairy and it comes together in minutes. Can you ask for a better weeknight meal option? It tastes like a bowl of comfort, made even more comforting when paired with a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Prepared Marinara Sauce - My favorite brand is Raos, hands down. If you would like to use homemade, try my Basic Tomato Sauce, which is packed with flavor.
- Cannellini Beans - The blended beans make this soup beautifully luscious and creamy while adding nutritious, satiating value.
- Fresh Garlic - Because the ingredients are blended, there is no need to mince the garlic. Simply peel off the skin and throw it into the blender.
- Olive Oil - Improves the overall creamy texture of the soup, in addition to adding flavor.
- Chicken Broth - My go-to is always chicken broth, however, vegetable broth works great too.
- Seasonings - Dried basil, salt, and pepper.
How is this Creamy Homemade Tomato Soup made in just 10 minutes?
It all starts with prepared sauce, canned beans, and the hustle of the blender. Utilizing prepared items and the reliable blender eliminates additional steps and the need for added ingredients.
The blender does most of the work for you. Once everything has been blended and mixed with the broth and spices, it's all down to the simmer. Once simmering, the soup is ready to eat!
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- If you have fresh basil on hand, use it as a garnish. Thinly slice the fresh basil leaves and add to the top of each bowl of hot soup.
- To make this vegetarian, use vegetable broth. Chicken or vegetable stock also works well in this recipe, if that is all you have on hand.
- If you do not have a blender, place the first ingredients into a pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. The soup will not be quite as smooth as would be with a blender, but still equally delicious!
- As if I need to tell you, but pair this soup with a warm grilled cheese sandwich.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this soup can definitely be frozen. Once completely cooled, transfer the soup to an airtight container. Freeze for up to 2 months.
Stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container, this tomato soup will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
Other Recipes You'll Love
This 10-minute creamy tomato soup is the perfect weeknight meal. It is hands down my all-time favorite tomato soup recipe. Not only is this homemade tomato soup incredibly easy to make, but it is crazy delicious! Don't forget to pair your bowl with an ooey-gooey grilled cheese sandwich or a cheddar chive scone. Comment below if you make this recipe.
10-Minute Creamy Tomato Soup
- In a blender, add the marinara sauce, cannellini beans, garlic, and olive oil. Blend until smooth and completely incorporated.
- Pour the tomato bean mixture into a large saucepan or pot. Stir in the chicken broth and dried basil.
- Bring the soup to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Once simmering, remove the soup from the heat and serve immediately.