Easy Funfetti Cream Cheese Pie is deliciously creamy, sweet, and rich. This cheesecake-like pie looks as good as it tastes. Velvety, sprinkle-studded cream cheese filling bakes in a buttery pie crust for a celebratory pie everyone is sure to devour.
Cheesecake-like filling in a buttery pie crust, is it a dream? It's no dream; this dreamy cream cheese pie is luscious and loaded with sprinkles. The creamy filling melts in the mouth with a velvety smooth texture.
The creamy texture is thanks to a combination of cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Eggs add additional richness, and sugar sweetens the filling up. This special celebratory pie is finished with an appropriate amount of rainbow sprinkles.
When I tell you this is one of my favorite recipes that I have yet created, I mean it. Funfetti cream cheese pie (aka cheesecake pie) is one you will make repeatedly. If you are a funfetti lover like me, you will love my funfetti edible cookie dough and mini funfetti cheesecakes too!
Cream Cheese Pie
This luscious cheesy pie uses simple ingredients and tastes DELICIOUS. What is cream cheese pie? It is essentially a cream cheese-based custard baked in a pie crust. This pie is similar to cheesecake in flavor but with a mousse-like texture rather than dense. It is delectably sweet, rich, and velvety. This made-from-scratch pie recipe is quick and easy to throw together - the worst part is waiting for the pie to set in the refrigerator after baking. Here are a few more reasons to love this pie:
- Easy-to-make pie with minimal ingredients
- Rich, creamy cheesecake-like filling studded with rainbow sprinkles
- Celebratory dessert perfect for birthdays or other celebrations
- Essentially funfetti cheesecake in a pie crust
- Cream Cheese (softened)
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Eggs (room temperature)
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Powdered Sugar
- 9-inch Unbaked Pie Crust (store-bought or homemade) - *not pictured
See the recipe card for ingredient quantities.
STEP 1 - Preheat the oven to 350°F. Once the oven is preheated, blind-bake (par-bake) the pie crust - allow it to cool.
STEP 2 - Whip the softened cream cheese and granulated sugar using a mixer until light and fluffy.
STEP 3 - Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing until they are incorporated.
STEP 4 - Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract, whipping until fully combined. Fold in the sprinkles.
STEP 5 - Pour the cream cheese filling into the prepared pie crust and bake the pie for 35-40 minutes. Allow the pie to cool before refrigerating it for at least 4 hours.
STEP 6 - Make the whipped topping and garnish the pie.
- Whipped Topping - Cool Whip
- KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer
- Silicone Spatula
- USA Pan Bakeware Aluminized Steel Pie Pan
Store the pie, covered, in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 3-4 days.
Can you freeze cream cheese pie? Pop the pie into the freezer until frozen. Remove it from the freezer, cover it with plastic wrap, and then foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator before eating. It is important to note that the pie's texture will be different after freezing.
Other Pie Recipes
- Chocolate Chess Pie
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Mini Apple Pies
- Apple Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- Use room-temperature ingredients (cream cheese and eggs) for the best incorporation—cold cream cheese results in lumpy cream cheese filling.
- Be careful not to overbake to avoid cracking in the center of the pie. Keep a close eye on the pie towards the end of the baking time. Cover the filling with whipped cream topping if the filling does crack.
- Sift the powdered sugar before adding it to the whipped-up cream. Powdered sugar tends to clump up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Like with cheesecake, it is difficult to tell when custard pies are done baking. In a matter of minutes, you can over-bake the filling resulting in cracks. Custard pie is done baking when the edges of the filling are set while the center still jiggles.
You either improperly mixed the filling ingredients or pulled your pie out of the oven too soon.
Funfetti Cream Cheese Pie
Cream Cheese Pie
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup rainbow sprinkles plus more for garnish
- 1 9-inch pie crust store-bought or homemade
- 4 oz heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar sifted
Cream Cheese Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Once the oven is preheated, blind-bake the pie crust - allow it to cool. *See Notes.
- Whip the softened cream cheese and granulated sugar using a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing until they are incorporated.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract, whipping until fully combined. Fold in the sprinkles.
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 35-40 minutes or until set. (The filling should still jiggle.) Allow the pie to cool before transferring it to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream using a mixer until soft peaks form. Add the sifted powdered sugar and whip until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Garnish the pie with whipped topping and additional rainbow sprinkles.