This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie recipe is something to celebrate. It is easy to make and certain to bring you cozy fall feelings.
What is better than having two addictively great flavors in one dessert, namely, pumpkin and cream cheese. I love a good pumpkin bread or muffin, but sometimes you just want some pie.
The best pumpkin desserts have balance. When you eat a classic pumpkin pie, it is essential that you pair it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Pumpkin needs cream. This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie recipe was created with this philosophy in mind.
This pie has the perfect ratio of cream cheese to pumpkin. The graham cracker crust is the finishing touch to make this cream cheese pumpkin pie complete.
What is in this Pumpkin Pie?
This pumpkin pie is comprised of two components: the homemade graham cracker crust and the pumpkin cream cheese filling.
Homemade Graham Cracker Crust
- Graham Cracker Crumbs - about 9 graham crackers
- Light Brown Sugar - packed
- Ground Cinnamon
- Unsalted Butter - melted
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Filling
- Cream Cheese - softened at room temperature
- Pumpkin Puree - NOT pumpkin pie filling
- Large Eggs - at room temperature
- Heavy Cream
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
*Whipped cream or Chantilly Cream for serving
How to make Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie
For the pie crust
It all starts with a graham cracker crust.
To make the graham cracker crust: Preheat the oven to 325° F. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Press crust into a 9-in pie shell or pan. Bake crust for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Let cool.
For the pumpkin pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a mixer bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, and sugar until fluffy and well combined. Add heavy cream and eggs, mixing until incorporated. Add vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice, mixing until combined, do not over-whip.
- Pour the filling into the cooked graham cracker crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool completely and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. And as stated above, it essential to enjoy your pie with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use a store-bought crust. While I always say homemade is better, this will save some time.
This pie is freezable, however, the consistency may change after freezing. This pie is best eaten at the time it is made.
This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Other Recipes You'll Love
- Pumpkin Yogurt Coffee Cake with Spiced Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Protein Muffins
- Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves
- Pumpkin Spice Granola Clusters
- Chocolate Chess Pie
I hope you enjoy this pumpkin cream cheese pie as much as we do. It's tangy, rich, and delicious. The pumpkin cream cheese filling pairs beautifully with the graham cracker crust for the perfect taste of fall. Comment below if you make this recipe!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs about 9 graham crackers
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter melted
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Filling
- 8oz package cream cheese softened at room temperature
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- To make the graham cracker crust: Preheat the oven to 325° F. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, salt, brown sugar and cinnamon. Press crust into a 9-in pie shell or pan. Bake crust for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Let cool.
- For the Pie Filling: Preheat oven to 375 F. In a mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together the cream cheese, pumpkin puree and sugar until fluffy and well combined. Add heavy cream and eggs, mixing until incorporated. Add vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice, mixing until combined, do not over-whip.
- Pour the filling into the prepared graham cracker crust, making sure not to overfill (there may be a small amount of excess filling). Bake pie for 30-35 minutes, until filling is completely set and firm to the touch. Allow to cool completely.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours before serving.