We all crave pumpkin as soon as fall hits. I love a good pumpkin bread or muffin, but sometime you just want some pie. This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie is something to celebrate. It’s addictively good and is sure to bring you cozy fall feelings.
It’s almost fall, and that means pumpkin everything, right?
Fall is quickly approaching. And although this year has gone by in the blink of an eye, I am quite excited for all things fall. I am looking forward to apple and pumpkin everything, pots of hot soup, big comfy sweaters, warm lattes and evening snuggling. And don’t forget about pie, lots of pie.
This summer has been a hot one. And quite frankly, if I can be honest, this summer was not as “fun” as summers past. That said, I am thankful for another beautiful season and all that will come with it. Though I will not build expectations, change is healthy and I am excited to see what lies ahead.
The best pumpkin desserts have balance. When you eat a classic pumpkin pie, it is essential that you pair it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Pumpkin needs cream. This pumpkin pie recipe was created with this philosophy in mind. This pumpkin cream cheese pie has the perfect ratio of cream cheese to pumpkin. The graham cracker crust is the finishing touch to make this pumpkin pie complete.
Pumpkin cream cheese pie, why are you so good?!?
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs about 9 graham crackers
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch Salt
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter melted
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Filling
- 8oz package cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- To make the graham cracker crust: combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, salt, brown sugar and cinnamon. Press crust into a 9-in pie shell or pan. In an oven preheated to 325 F, bake crust for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together the cream cheese, pumpkin puree and sugar until fluffy and well combined. Add heavy cream and eggs, mixing until incorporated. Add vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice, mixing until combined, do not over whip.
- Pour filling into prepared graham cracker crust, making sure not to overfill (there may be a small amount of excess filling). Bake pie for 30-35 minutes, until filling is completely set and firm to the touch.
Have more pumpkin to use up?