Who doesn’t like a healthy dose of sprinkles? I especially love them when they are in cake or cookies. In this case, I put sprinkles inside and atop these Mini Funfetti Cheesecakes for the ultimate bite-size sprinkle experience!
First a Few Thoughts
Amidst the chaos outside our doors, we can find solace in good food. In this case, that means bite-sized funfetti cheesecakes. Quite frankly, one of my favorite pastimes is eating. However, with gyms closed, I am still watching what I eat (most of the time, wink wink.) I am taking this new abundance of time to create, cook, and bake. I am striving to expel my energy into positive construction, in this case, this blog. It is with high hope, that these recipes and posts may help distract you, even if just for a moment.
My usually tired brain lacks the creative energy needed to create multiple recipes a week. With all this time, however, I have been on a recipe creation rampage. These recipes are solely based upon what I have in my kitchen pantry. Thankfully, I have a good supply of flour and sugar on hand. We all need to do our part and expel selfish tendencies; make small batch recipes and utilize what you have on hand first. We are all in this together, and we all need groceries in our pantries and fridges. This is a simple concept and one that will aid in our survival through this public health emergency.
Now for these Mini Funfetti Cheesecakes!
These little cheesecakes are equipped with plenty of colorful sprinkles, sweet cream cheese filling, and a sugar cookie base. For the cookie base, I used this sugar cookie recipe. And I scooped the mini cookies at approximately a 1/2 tsp of dough. I baked the cookies for roughly 5 minutes. Once completely cooled, you will have to trim the cookies slightly to fit into the mini muffin tins.
A bite into one of these Mini Funfetti Cheesecakes will momentarily ease one away from the stresses that lurk upon our daily lives right now. As always, sending good vibes and wellness to you and yours.
You May Also Like:
Mini Funfetti Cheesecakes
- 22 each mini sugar cookies homemade or store-bought
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp colorful sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line 22 miniature muffin tins with paper muffin cups and place a sugar cookie in the base of each.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in egg, and beat until combined. Add sour cream and vanilla, mixing until combined. Fold in sprinkles until well disbursed.
- Fill muffin cups almost full with batter. Bake until set, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely and chill. Before serving, top with whipped cream and additional sprinkles, or whatever toppings you desire.
- Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
- Use any sprinkles you desire.
- Cookie base can be homemade or store bought. Cut to size.