Make the best Brownie Mix Cookies with this easy recipe. Chewy, fudgy cookies take minutes to prepare and need little time in the oven. The irresistible cookies have crinkly tops and soft, gooey centers.
Chocolate lovers will relish this simple brownie mix cookie recipe. Why? These cookies have the desirable crispy edges, chewy texture, and chocolate taste we all love in double chocolate cookies. The best thing about this recipe, though, is that brownie mix makes up the base of the dough, saving time and effort.
Like boxed brownie mix brownies, this recipe starts with a box of brownie mix. Instant espresso elevates the chocolate taste, while vanilla extract adds flavor. Egg and melted butter keeps the cookies moist and chewy. Extra chocolate chips folded into the cookie dough create an indulgent chocolate profile.
Enjoy warm chocolate cookies with a cold glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee. You'll receive rave reviews from anyone you share these easy brownie cookies with. If you love this recipe, you'll enjoy funfetti cake mix cookies too.
Easy Brownie Mix Cookie Recipe
Chewy brownie cookies are made easily thanks to brownie box mix. The chocolate flavor shines through in every bite equipped with gooey chocolate chips. This easy recipe is perfect for any day of the week. Whip up a batch of cookies quickly for a party or bake sale. Here are just a few reasons to love this recipe:
- Easy Cookie Recipe - This is a great recipe to whip up when the cookie cravings hit. It uses few ingredients and comes together in minutes.
- Simple Ingredients - You only need six ingredients for this easy recipe.
- No Mixer Required - There is no need for an electric mixer. Simply mix the dough by hand with a rubber spatula.
- Fudgy Brownie Cookies - It is hard to resist these delicious cookies' crinkly tops, chewy texture, and fudgy center.
- Boxed Brownie Mix - The boxed mix makes up the base of the dry ingredients. I used the Ghirardelli brownie mix. This brand has the best flavor.
- Instant Espresso (optional) - Adding instant espresso is optional, but it emphasizes the chocolate flavor of the cookies.
- Large Eggs (room temperature) - The binding agent that keeps the cookies together.
- Unsalted Butter (melted) - Butter acts as the fat for this cookie recipe. The flavorful ingredient provides needed moisture. Using melted butter mimics the texture and flavor of brownies.
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks
See the recipe card for the ingredient quantities.
How to Make Cookies with Brownie Mix
STEP 1 - Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
STEP 2 - Mix the brownie mix, instant espresso, eggs, vanilla, and cooled melted butter in a large bowl until smooth and incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips (or chunks). Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes, but the more chill time, the better. The dough is soft, like brownie batter.
STEP 3 - Scoop cookie dough using a medium cookie scoop. Place cookie balls onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches of space between the dough balls.
STEP 4 - Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until set. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.
- Instant Espresso - Instant Coffee
- Unsalted Butter - Canola Oil, Vegetable Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil
- Chocolate Chips - White Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter Chips, Mini Chocolate Chips
- Salted - Sprinkle a pinch of flakey sea salt or fleur de sel over the chocolate cookies.
- Nuts - Swap the ⅓ cup of chocolate chips for chopped pecans, walnuts, or coconut.
- Multiply - Easily multiply this recipe to make a larger batch.
- Pyrex Prepware 4-Quart Rimmed Large Mixing Bowl
- OXO Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop
- Rubber Spatula
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheets
Transfer cooled cookies to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to 4 days, or refrigerate for up to one week.
Can you freeze brownie mix cookies? You can freeze cookies in one of two ways - baked and unbaked.
To freeze baked cookies, transfer cooled cookies to a freezer bag or freezer-safe airtight container. Freeze them for up to 3 months, and thaw them completely before eating. To freeze unbaked cookies, scoop cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet into the freezer. Once the cookie dough balls have frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag. Freeze them for up to 3 months. Bake the cookie dough balls from frozen, but add a few minutes to the baking time.
Delicious Cookie Recipes
- Chewy Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Mocha Cookies
- Pistachio White Chocolate Cookies
- Biscoff Cookie Butter Cookies
- The dough is soft, like brownie batter. Chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set. It will still be soft when you scoop it (no need to round it with your hands), but it will bake beautifully in the oven.
- Use a cookie scoop to evenly divide the cookie dough for equal-sized cookies.
- Bake cookies in a preheated oven for even baking.
- If your brownie mix already has chocolate chips in it, cut the additional chocolate chips in half or omit them.
Frequently Asked Questions
My favorite go-to brand of brownie mix is Ghirardelli (what I used for this recipe). Betty Crocker brownie mix is easy to find and a great option too. Any brownie mix will do, but the brand you use will depict the final flavor of the cookies. Be sure to check the volume of the mix before making this recipe.
You have overbaked the cookies. Keep a close eye on the cookies once they reach the 10-minute mark to prevent over-baking.
Brownie Mix Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Mix the brownie mix, instant espresso, eggs, vanilla, and cooled melted butter in a large bowl until smooth and incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips (or chunks).
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes, but the more chill time, the better. The dough is soft, like brownie batter.
- Scoop cookie dough using a medium cookie scoop. Place cookie balls onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches of space between the dough balls.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until set.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.