These are the BEST pistachio white chocolate cookies. They are everything a cookie should be–soft, chewy, and loaded with nutty pistachios and sweet white chocolate chips.
When it comes to cookies, nothing beats a loaded chewy cookie. These pistachio white chocolate cookies have the perfect soft, thick, and chewy texture. The recipe does not skimp when it comes to the inclusions. Each cookie is packed full of chopped pistachios and creamy white chocolate chips.
This easy cookie recipe comes together quickly, with no dough chilling required. Like my white chocolate cranberry cookies, this recipe starts with a classic cookie dough made with plain flour, light brown and granulated sugar, and plenty of butter. Pistachio pieces and chocolate chips blend into this delicious dough for a cookie that is hard to stop eating. These addicting cookies are delicious with milk or coffee.
Pistachio and White Chocolate Cookies
Pistachio and white chocolate is a delicious flavor and texture combination for a cookie. Texturally, these cookies check all of the boxes. The centers are thick and soft with golden edges. The pistachios add delightful crunch; there is a whole cup of them in the dough. The taste is buttery, nutty, and sweet. Here is why you will LOVE this recipe:
- Easy Cookie Recipe - This simple recipe calls for pantry and refrigerator staples. The dough comes together in a cinch, no dough chilling is required.
- Soft and Chewy Cookies - With a soft center and chewy consistency, these buttery cookies melt in your mouth. The cookies remain thick and pillowy thanks to a small quantity of cornstarch in the dough.
- Loaded - Find pistachio pieces and white chocolate chips in every bite of these delicious cookies.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cornstarch - Cornstarch makes these cookies thick and chewy.
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Eggs (room temperature)
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pistachio Meats (unsalted and roughly chopped)
- White Chocolate Chips - Or chopped white chocolate pieces.
See the recipe card for the ingredient quantities.
STEP 1 - Preheat the oven to 350° F.
STEP 2 (DRY INGREDIENTS) - Whisk the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a medium-sized bowl and set it aside.
STEP 3 (CREAM BUTTER AND SUGAR) - In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
STEP 4 (WET INGREDIENTS) - Add the eggs and vanilla extract, mixing until incorporated.
STEP 5 - With mixer speed on low, add the dry ingredients into the batter, mixing until fully incorporated. Stir or fold in the white chocolate chips and chopped pistachios.
STEP 6 - Scoop the dough using a medium cookie scoop—place dough balls on ungreased non-stick cookie sheets or parchment-lined trays, about 2-in apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Unsalted Butter - Salted Butter (omit the ½ teaspoon of salt)
- Pistachios - Macadamia Nuts, Pecans, Almonds
- White Chocolate Chips - Chopped White Chocolate, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Dried Cranberries
- KitchenAid 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series Stand Mixer or KitchenAid Cordless 7 Speed Hand Mixer
- Pyrex Prepware 4-Quart Rimmed Mixing Bowl
- OXO Good Grips Large Cookie Scoop
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet
Transfer cooled cookies to an airtight container, separating layers with wax paper. Store the cookies at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Can I freeze pistachio white chocolate cookies? Freeze cookies in one of two ways: before or after baking.
- BEFORE BAKING - Scoop cookie dough balls onto a parchment-lined baking tray and freeze the dough balls until frozen. Transfer frozen cookie dough balls to a freezer bag and freeze them for up to 3 months. Thaw cookie dough or bake from frozen. Add a couple of minutes to the baking time if baking from frozen.
- AFTER BAKING - Transfer cooled cookies to an airtight container or freezer bag, and separate layers with wax paper. Freeze the cookies for up to 3 months–thaw entirely before eating.
Other Delicious Cookie Recipes
- Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies
- Mocha Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Use room temperature ingredients (butter and eggs).
- Regarding the creaming method, mix heavily at the beginning of the mixing process and less towards the end. Beat the butter and sugar at high speed until fluffy. Air incorporates into the butter and sugar, which helps the cookies rise in the oven. After the dry ingredients have been added, only mix until the ingredients are combined, and a dough has formed.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no need to chill the dough before baking the cookies. If you want to make the dough in advance and bake the cookies before service, chill the dough until needed and pull it out 10 to 15 minutes before baking the cookies.
My go-to brand of white chocolate chips is Ghiradelli (white premium baking chips). Guittard is also a great brand to use for baking as well.
In cookies, cornstarch helps cookies retain their shape and prevents overspreading. It does so by binding with the liquids in the dough. For this recipe, this means that the cookies remain thick, soft, and tender.
Pistachio White Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a medium-sized bowl and set it aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, mixing just until incorporated.
- With mixer speed on low, add the dry ingredients into the batter, mixing until fully incorporated. Stir or fold in the white chocolate chips and chopped pistachios.
- Scoop the dough using a medium cookie scoop—place dough balls on ungreased non-stick cookie sheets or parchment-lined trays, about 2-in apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden.