The Bench Scraper is a cleverly useful tool in the kitchen. Its wide shape and flat edge makes it a versatile instrument. What is a bench scraper used for? What does it do?
1) Cutting and Dividing Dough
A bench scraper is the best tool to use for cutting and dividing dough, from breads to biscuits. I particularly love using it for scones.
2) Scooping Veggies from a Cutting Board
Because of its wide shape, this instrument is ideal for scooping up chopped vegetables from a cutting board to transfer them to a dish or container.
A bench scraper is the perfect tool to use to scrape up scraps or flour from the countertop. It’s great for removing stuck-on dough bits.
4) Scoring Dough
This instrument is great for scoring bread or pie dough. It’s sharp enough to cut lines in the dough.
5) Leveling Dry Ingredients When Measuring
For that perfectly measured cup of flour, level out your ingredients with a bench scraper. It is wide enough to cover the whole measuring cup and has a flat edge that is perfect for scraping.
6) Cutting and Portioning Desserts
No need to pull out the knife, the bench scraper is sharp enough to cut and portion desserts such as cookie bars.
7) Kneading Dough
Use this tool to knead sticky dough. It will help prevent messy hands. And it is perfect for scooping up the dough after it’s been kneaded too.
It is a great cake decorating tool. Use the scraper to smooth out frosting and eliminate any air bubbles.
- Nonslip handle, Stainless Steel measuring marks on blade
- Wooden Handle, Stainless Steel
- Curved Handle, Stainless Steel measuring marks on blade
Recipes one of these would be helpful for:
- Brown Sugar Pecan Scones (cutting & dividing dough)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars (cutting & portioning desserts)
- How to Make Pie Dough (kneading dough & cleaning)
- Easy Italian Pasta Salad (scooping veggies from a cutting board)
Do you need a bench scraper? I strongly suggest investing in one. It is such a versatile tool in the kitchen. Even if you are not a baker, it is an incredibly helpful tool for cooking as well.