While we all have our variations of this classic. Tuna salad is generally a blend of tuna, crispy celery, and mayonnaise with a few modifications here and there. This quick and easy tuna salad has crunch and creaminess. It’s the perfect lunch for a warm summer afternoon!
This tuna salad can be made ahead of time. It makes for a great “meal prep” item to be made at the beginning of the week and enjoyed throughout the busy weekdays. Perfect slathered between two slices of bread or atop a bed of greens, this tuna salad is sure to satisfy.
- Tuna: While I prefer to use the tuna in the packets, I designed this recipe around the quantity of tuna in a can.
- Mayonnaise: As stated above, this is a lighter version of tuna salad. While there is mayonnaise in it, only a small amount (1/4 cup) is called for. It allows for a much desired creaminess without coming off heavy.
- Acidity: The acidic element for this tuna salad recipe comes from the juice of half a lemon. It adds a nice zing to balance the other flavors in this salad, without being overpowering.
- Inclusions: I kept this recipe simple. It calls for celery and diced scallions, in addition to a small amount of dijon mustard.
“Quick and Easy” means just that, quick and easy! Once all of you veggies have been diced and the tuna has been drained, you’re ready to combine all of the ingredients.
In a medium sized bowl, stir together the tuna, celery, and scallions. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice, stirring until everything is well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy tuna salad. I ended up using my leftovers to make tuna melts the following day and they were superb. Cheers to good thoughts and yummy eats!
Stay safe and stay strong <3
You may also like:
Quick and Easy Tuna Salad
- 2 5-oz cans tuna packed in water, drained
- ¼ cup celery minced
- 2 tbsp scallions diced small
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup mayonaise
- ½ lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, break up the tuna with a fork. Stir in the celery and chives, mixing until incorporated.
- Add the mayonaise, mustard, and lemon juice, stir until everything is coated and well combined. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Time for dessert?