This Honey Mustard Salad Dressing recipe is simple and healthy. The dressing is subtly sweet and tangy in flavor. Toss with you favorite greens for a delicious and flavorful salad.
Why make homemade salad dressing?
The beauty of making salad dressing from scratch is not only that it is easy to prepare, but that you can also control the ingredients that you put into it. In the case of this Honey Mustard Salad Dressing recipe, there are absolutely no additives. It is full of healthy ingredients including olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar. And, it comes together in a matter of minutes.
What is in this Honey Mustard Salad Dressing recipe?
The ingredients needed to make this dressing are kitchen pantry staples.
- Olive Oil - See below for substitutions.
- Honey - You can't have honey mustard without honey.
- Dijon Mustard - Choose a mustard with no additives and few ingredients. I suggest using a non-seeded mustard for the best texture.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - See below for substitutions.
- Seasonings - Garlic powder, salt & pepper
How to make Honey Mustard Salad Dressing:
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Place all of the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until everything is well emulsified.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
*You can also complete this process in a food processor or shake all of the ingredients in a mason jar.
- In place of the olive oil, you can use grapeseed or avocado oil.
- The garlic powder can be omitted from this recipe, if desired.
- Almost any vinegar would work in place of the apple cider vinegar. Ideally, you should use a vinegar on the sweeter side. My personal favorites include rice vinegar, champagne vinegar, and sherry vinegar. All have a subtle sweetness similar to the apple cider vinegar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the honey mustard dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I love these little 8 oz jars for this recipe.
This salad dressing will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Bring the dressing to room temperature. If it is stored in a jar, simply shake the jar until everything has become reincorporated. Or, place dressing in a bowl and whisk until ingredients are combined.
You may also like:
This healthy Honey Mustard Salad Dressing is simple and delicious. The honey mustard flavor is prominent with a slight tang from the vinegar. This dressing is fantastic on any variety of fresh greens. Toss the greens in a portion of the dressing. Add fresh chopped vegetables, and grilled chicken for a flavorful, nutritious meal.
Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- You can also make this dressing in a mason jar. Place all of the ingredients into a jar, secure the lid, and shake until everything is incorporated.