This Honey Mustard Salad Dressing recipe is simple and healthy. The dressing is subtly sweet and tangy in flavor. Toss with your favorite greens for a delicious and flavorful salad.
This honey mustard salad dressing is sweet and tangy. The honey mustard flavor is prominent with a slight tang from the vinegar. It is full of healthy ingredients including olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar. This dressing comes together in a matter of minutes!
Ingredients and Substitutions
The ingredients needed to make this dressing are all pantry staples.
- Olive Oil - In place of olive oil, you can use grapeseed or avocado oil.
- Honey - You can't have honey mustard without honey.
- Dijon Mustard - Choose mustard with no additives and few ingredients. This recipe works well with both seeded and non-seeded mustard.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - This dressing can be made with almost any type of vinegar. Ideally, use vinegar that is on the sweeter side. My personal favorites include rice vinegar, champagne vinegar, and sherry vinegar.
- Seasonings - This recipe uses garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place all of the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Store the finished salad dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
*You can also complete this process in a food processor or shake all of the ingredients in a mason jar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the honey mustard dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This salad dressing will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Bring the dressing to room temperature. If it is stored in a jar, simply shake the jar until everything has become reincorporated. Or, place dressing in a bowl and whisk until ingredients are combined.
Other Recipes You'll Love
This healthy honey mustard salad dressing is simple and delicious. This dressing is fantastic on any variety of fresh greens. Toss the greens in a portion of the dressing. Add freshly chopped vegetables, and grilled chicken for a flavorful, nutritious meal.
Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- You can also make this dressing in a mason jar. Place all of the ingredients into a jar, secure the lid, and shake until everything is incorporated.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Please leave a star rating and review below!