Three cheers for fall flavors! Like most, the holiday season is my favorite time for baking; pies in November and cookies in December, and everything else in between. I adore the spicy cinnamon blends that accompany apple, pumpkin, and pecan goods. It’s all so comforting and soul-warming. These mini pumpkin bread loaves were my first baked good made with pumpkin thus far this year, but it shouldn’t be my last.
I have yet to stock up a few disks of pie dough in my freezer, which will definitely be done soon. An apple pie is a must this year. I am an all-butter crust kind of gal. Though the crust isn’t quite as flaky as one made with the shortening, you just cannot match the flavor only real butter provides. It’s quintessential and I will never change my mind about that.
I just returned from a lovely visit to Chicagoland, visiting with family and friends. I definitely felt the fall chill while I was there and was lucky enough to see the beautiful colored trees before the snow hit last week. There is something utterly satisfying about the view of auburn colored trees mixed with the crunch of the leaves on a brisk walk outdoors. Now back in California, the chill is definitely felt in the mornings and evenings, which makes me want nothing other than comfort foods. All I have been craving are heavy dishes, soups, and lots of sugary treats.
Pumpkin bread is a must eat fall treat.
Thankfully these mini pumpkin bread pumpkin loaves are relatively healthy and offer a great alternative for a sugary craving. They are out of this world slathered in butter but are perfectly delicious on their own. They make for the perfect snack. And, they go great alongside a hot cup of coffee or tea. When I think fall, I think pumpkin. And these mini loaves do not disappoint.
Need more pumpkin goodness? Try my pumpkin cream cheese pie.
Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease a mini-loaf pan and set aside. (My loaf pan has 8 molds, so you will have extra batter.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, and ginger until well combined.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment , beat together the softened butter, and both granulated and brown sugars until blended and slightly fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Add in pumpkin puree, and beat until well combined. The mixture will change texture.
- Add dry mixture in two parts, beating on low and mixing until just combined.
- Portion the batter evenly into the mini loaf molds, and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the loaves comes out clean. Allow to cool before popping out of molds.