These moist, fluffy Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves contain pumpkin and warm fall spices. This easy recipe comes together quickly. The individual bread loaves make a perfect snack or accompaniment to a cup of coffee or tea.
We've all had pumpkin bread, but have you had your own personal loaf? Infuse your kitchen with fall-inspired smells by baking a batch of these mini pumpkin bread loaves. Individual loaves bake quickly and are perfect for sharing.
This easy quick bread recipe is packed with pumpkin and warm spices. The sweet loaves contain all the flavors of fall. The simple bread batter comes together quickly with common pantry ingredients. The whole family will love these adorable little bread loaves.
Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves
These mini loaves are already individually portioned. They're not only adorable but are all equally moist and delicious. Enjoy a mini pumpkin bread loaf for breakfast, brunch, or afternoon snack. These are great homemade gifts for someone dear or a lovely contribution to a bake sale. Here is why you will love these little loaves.
- Moist, fluffy mini loaves
- Mini size perfect for sharing or gifting
- Enjoy for breakfast or brunch, as an afternoon snack, or serve for holidays, including Thanksgiving
- Fragrant spices and delicious taste
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda
- Ground Spices - Allspice, Cinnamon, and Ginger
- Unsalted Butter (melted)
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar (packed) - Light or Dark
- Eggs (room temperature)
- Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
See the recipe card for ingredient quantities.
These mini loaves are made with the creaming method of mixing.
STEP 1 - Preheat the oven to 325° F. Grease a mini-loaf pan and set aside. (My loaf pan has 8 molds so you will have extra batter.)
STEP 2 (DRY INGREDIENTS) - Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, and ginger until well combined.
STEP 3 (WET INGREDIENTS) - In a mixer bowl fitted with the paddle, beat the softened butter and granulated and brown sugars until blended and slightly fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until mixture is incorporated.
STEP 4 - Add in pumpkin puree, and beat until well combined.
NOTE: The mixture will change its texture but will come back together after adding the dry ingredients.
STEP 5 - Add dry mixture in two parts, and mix on low speed until just combined.
STEP 6 (BAKE) - Portion the batter evenly into the prepared mini loaf mold, filling each well ⅔ full, and bake for 30 - 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the loaves comes out clean. Allow the loaves to cool before popping out of the molds.
Substitutions and Additions
- Ground Spices - Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Mix-Ins - Chopped Nuts (Walnuts or Pecans), Dried Cranberries, Chocolate Chips
- Cream Cheese Icing - Try the recipe from these Cinnamon Roll Scones. Carefully frost the loaves while they are still warm.
- Chocolate Chip - Mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips (mini or regular size), chocolate chunks, or white chocolate chips.
- Pumpkin Seeds - Top the loaves with pumpkin seeds before baking.
Other Delicious Bread Recipes
- The Best Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Coconut Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Protein Banana Bread with Cinnamon Sugar Crust
- Pyrex Prepware 4-Quart Rimmed Mixing Bowl
- OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Balloon Whisk
- Pyrex 3 Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set
- USA Pan Bakeware Aluminized Steel Mini Loaf Pan
Store mini pumpkin loaves in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature. For longer shelf life, store these little bread loaves in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze pumpkin bread? Yes, you can freeze pumpkin bread. Place these little loaves in an airtight container or freezer-safe zip-top bag, and freeze for up to 3 months.
If you love warm bread, microwave one pumpkin loaf for 15-20 seconds.
What to Serve with Pumpkin Bread
Enjoy one of these mini bread loaves any time of the day. Serve them for breakfast, fall brunch, or at the thanksgiving table with the feast.
- Use room-temperature eggs.
- Do not over-mix the batter; mix just until combined.
- Do not overfill the mini loaf pan. Depending on your pan, you will have to bake this bread in multiple batches.
Frequently Asked Questions
The top of the loaves will be golden brown, and when a toothpick is inserted into the center, it will come out clean.
Fill the pan wells ⅔ of the way full, allowing room for the loaves to rise as they bake.
Due to their smaller size, mini loaves take less time to bake, roughly half the time of a standard quick bread loaf.
Generously grease each pan well with spray or butter to prevent the loaves from sticking.
**Recipe Updated: 10/29/2022 - granulated sugar reduced by ½ cup
Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar packed; or light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Grease a mini-loaf pan and set it aside. (My loaf pan has 8 molds so I baked the batter in two batches.)
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, and ginger in a medium-sized bowl until well combined.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the softened butter and both granulated and brown sugars until blended and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix until the mixture is incorporated. Add in pumpkin puree, and beat until well combined. **The mixture will change its texture but it will come back together after adding the dry ingredients.
- Add dry mixture in two parts, mix on low speed until just combined.
- Portion the batter evenly into the prepared mini loaf mold, filling each well ⅔ full, and bake for 30 - 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the loaves comes out clean. Allow the loaves to cool before popping out of the molds.
- STORE: Store cooled mini pumpkin loaves in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature. For longer shelf life, store these loaves in the refrigerator.
- FREEZE: Place these mini loaves in an airtight container or freezer-safe zip-top bag, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- REHEAT: Microwave one pumpkin loaf for 15-20 seconds.