I hope you’re doing okay. We are surviving over here. Although March (and now April) have felt like an eternity, I have taken advantage of this extra time to work on myself. It’s also been nice to have the added rest and relaxation time. Though we have no idea as to when this will all improve, I feel as if many of us have adjusted to this new normal; at least as best we can. Personally, I feel like my anxiety levels have lessened slightly. With the weirdness, all I have wanted to eat is comfort food and tasty snacks. Naturally, my body cannot survive on such foods without the lethargic effects. So, I wanted to recenter and focus on healthier options; thus, this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad was born.
Thankfully the weather is beautiful here right now, so it’s making it easy for us to get out for walks. I am really missing the gym right about now, but thankful for these sunny days so that we can get outside. This nice weather has also got me craving all things healthy.
So, what’s in this delicious Mediterranean Chickpea Salad?
This salad is vibrant and healthy. The base is protein-packed chickpeas. Celery and red onion are added for texture. The flavor profile of this salad comes from the lemon juice, olive oil, and kalamata olives. And the finishing touch, crumbled feta, brings the whole salad together. This is a great recipe to make ahead for easy, healthy weekday lunches.
This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is great on toasted bread with sliced tomato and greens or scooped atop a spinach salad. It’s packed full of flavor and quite frankly delicious. I hope it can brighten your quarantine lunch menu.
You May Also Like:
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ⅓ cup celery diced small
- ¼ cup red onion diced small
- ¼ cup kalamata olives chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, smash chickpeas with a fork until crumbly and no full chickpeas remain. (This process can be done in a food processor, but be careful not to turn mixture into a paste.)
- Add celery, garlic, red onion, and olives. Stir until well combined. Add in olive oil and lemon juice, mixing until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in feta and parsley. Serve immediately or store in tupperware container for up to 5 days.
- Marinated red bell peppers would make a great addition to this salad.