This 10-Minute Hearts of Palm Pasta is quick, healthy, and delicious. This is a perfect weeknight meal that comes together in a matter of minutes.
This hearts of palm pasta recipe is easy to prepare, quick to make, and delivers in flavor! This dish is low-carb due to the use of hearts of palm pasta, made from hearts of palm (hence its name).
What is hearts of palm pasta?
This "pasta" variation is derived from hearts of palm. Hearts of palm are made from the core of palm trees. Their flavor profile and texture is similar to artichokes. Typically you will see them used in salads, but throughout recent years they have been cut and cooked to resemble pasta.
This "pasta" variation is low-carb, keto, and gluten-free. It is a great alternative for those with restricted diets or allergies. I find the texture similar to zucchini spirals.
Where to buy hearts of palm pasta
Made famous on television, Palmini is the most well-known brand. It is available to purchase on Amazon. I used Trader Joe's variation. It is in their pasta aisle.
- Hearts of Palm Pasta: As specified above, I used Trader Joe's brand. Their pasta comes in 9oz packages, this recipe is for 12oz.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is the star for the sauce, so you'll want to use a good quality extra-virgin olive oil such as Cuac.
- Garlic: Similar to Aglio e Olio, this recipe calls for thinly sliced garlic. The garlic lightly fries in olive oil providing a beautiful aromatic.
- Cherry Tomatoes: If you can find the trio of colors, they look beautiful in this pasta dish. However, red cherry tomatoes are equally as beautiful.
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Grated Parmesan
- Crispy Fried Onions: The onions are garnish, but add a lovely textural element to this dish.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Heat in a saucepan or microwave.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until almost golden, keeping a watchful eye not to burn it. Stir in the red prepper flakes. Carefully add the tomatoes, cook until tender and slightly blistered.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat. Next, add the 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, toss until incorporated. Remove from the heat. Garnish with the fried onions and additional Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Substitutions and Inclusions
- Zucchini or carrot spirals for the pasta
- Fried onions can be omitted
- Fresh herbs for garnish (Italian Parsley)
- Parmesan can be taken out to make this dish dairy-free
Other Recipes You'll Love
This 10-Minute Hearts of Palm Pasta is perfect for busy weeknights. It is a healthy alternative for when the pasta craving hits. This dish is light and full of flavor!
10-Minute Hearts of Palm Pasta
- Prepare hearts of palm pasta according to package instructions. Heat in a saucepan or microwave.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until almost golden, keeping a watchful eye not to burn it. Stir in the red pepper flakes. Carefully add the tomatoes, cook until tender and slightly blistered.
- Add the hearts of palm pasta and toss to coat. Add the 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, toss until incorporated. Remove from the heat. Garnish with the fried onions and additional Parmesan cheese.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Please leave a star rating and review below!