I don’t know about you, but I love a good scone.
January is already finite and February is halfway through. I am excited about the prospect of spring, the weather here bringing beautiful blooms already. I look forward to seeing the bright sun more frequently and reaping in its warmth and the energy it provides me. Though sometimes rainy, I am thankful for California winters. Coming from Chicagoland, a little rain and 40-degree weather “ain’t no thang”.
Thus far, I am staying true to my 2018 goal in prioritizing self-love and attention to myself and my goals. This year is already going fast, perhaps faster than the last. Summer will be here before you know it; all the more reason to keep pushing towards your goals and embracing the present.
These cheddar chive scones are the real deal.
Savory scones are a breed of their own. The cheddar chive combination in this recipe makes them utterly irresistible. They make a great breakfast, snack or accompaniment to soup. Once you start eating them, quite frankly it’s hard to stop. They are great on their own or slathered in butter. Make yourself a batch of cheddar chive scones and basque in the deliciousness.
Interested in more baked breakfast goodies? Try my BLUEberry muffins.
Cheddar Chive Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbso baking powder
- 1 tsp course salt
- 1/4 cup chives finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream plus more for brushing
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and chives. Stir in grated cheese.
- Add one cup of heavy cream into dry ingredients, gently mix together until cream has been completely absorbed. Add in remaining 1/4 cup heavy cream. Mix just until combined.
- Lightly knead dough on a lightly floured surface. With lightly floured hands, form dough into a slightly flattened circle about 1 in thick. Using a bench scraper or knife, cut evenly into 6 large triangles. Separate and place on a non-stick baking sheet, making sure to leave space between them. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush scones with heavy cream. Bake for 16-20 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking, until golden brown and firmed. Remove from pan. Allow to cool before eating.