This easy recipe for almond butter cookies uses only three ingredients: almond butter, sugar, and egg. The cookies have crumbly edges and tender, chewy middles. These deliciously sweet, nutty cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free, and flourless.
We all love three-ingredient recipes, like these 3-ingredient banana oatmeal cookies, but rarely do you find so few ingredients in cookies. This simple almond butter cookie recipe takes minutes to prepare and only ten minutes in the oven. There is no flour or butter.
This is one of the easiest cookie recipes with minimal ingredients and steps in the baking process. Flourless almond butter cookies are ready in minutes! The best part about this recipe is that the cookies come out tender and chewy with a delicious nutty taste.
Try my almond butter cookies the next time you want an easy, small-batch recipe. The cookies are perfectly chewy and melt-in-your-mouth. Enjoy one with a cold glass of milk or a cup of afternoon tea. Extra almond butter? Try my easy 3 ingredient almond butter protein balls.
Almond Butter Cookies
Delicious almond butter cookies are perfect any time of the day. Throw together these three-ingredient cookies when the cookie craving is calling. Here are just a few of the reasons you will love this great recipe:
- Only 3 Ingredients - You read that right; this almond butter cookie recipe only uses three ingredients.
- Ready in Minutes - With minimal mixing and a 10-minute bake time, almond butter cookies are ready quickly.
- Delicious Cookies - These cookies are perfectly sweet with a nutty almond flavor.
- Perfect Treat - The cookies have the ideal chewy, soft texture we all love.
- Protein - Thanks to a hefty quantity of almond butter plus the egg, the cookies are a great source of protein- 5g per cookie.
- Small Batch - This recipe is the one to reach for when you want only a small batch of cookies.
- Almond Butter (creamy version) - A healthy alternative to butter in most cookie dough recipes, this simple recipe swaps nut butter for butter. Almond butter is full of healthy fats and protein.
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Egg (room temperature)
See the recipe card for ingredient quantities.
STEP 1 - Preheat the oven to 350° F.
STEP 2 - Mix the almond butter and sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg, and mix until completely incorporated.
STEP 3 - Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roll each scoop of cookie dough into a ball. Using the back of a fork, flatten the cookies down, making a crisscross pattern.
STEP 4 - Bake cookies for about 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Almond Butter - Peanut Butter, Cashew Butter
- Granulated Sugar - Light Brown Sugar, Dark Brown Sugar, Coconut Sugar
- Sweet and Salty - Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the top of the cookies after baking.
- Add Chocolate Chips - Add a ¼ cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to the dough before scooping and baking.
- Keto Cookies - Swap the sugar for monk fruit sweetener or another granulated sugar substitute. *Texture results will vary.
Transfer cooled cookies to an airtight container - store at room temperature for up to 4 days. For a longer shelf-life, store cookies in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze almond butter cookies? You can freeze almond butter cookies in two ways: baked and unbaked.
- Baked - Place the cooled cookies in an airtight container or freezer-safe zip-top bag - separate the layers with a sheet of wax paper. Freeze the cookies for up to 3 months - thaw entirely before eating.
- Unbaked - Scoop cookie dough balls onto a parchment paper-lined baking tray and place the tray in the freezer. Freeze dough balls until frozen before transferring them to a freezer-safe zip-top bag. Freeze for up to 3 months: thaw cookie dough balls in the refrigerator, use a fork to create the criss-cross pattern, and then bake.
Other Delicious Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Mocha Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Pistachio White Chocolate Cookies
- Use room temperature egg.
- Bake cookies in a preheated oven for even baking.
- For best results, make sure that the almond butter is properly stirred and incorporated before using.
Frequently Asked Questions
Almond butter cookie dough is dense; pressing the dough before baking helps the dough spread and bake properly.
These days you can find almond butter at most grocery stores, including Costco and Trader Joe’s. You can also purchase it from Amazon.
Almond butter is full of heart-healthy fats and protein. It contains vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, magnesium, and calcium. While these cookies have added sugar, almond butter is a healthy ingredient and a protein-packed alternative to butter.
Almond butter is made from ground almonds processed into a paste or spread. It is a healthy alternative to peanut butter for those with allergies.
3 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mix the almond butter and sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg, and mix until completely incorporated.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roll each scoop of cookie dough into a ball. Using the back of a fork, flatten the cookies down, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes, until golden brown. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.