I've always been a big fan of homemade Rice Krispie treats. I could legitimately eat an entire tray of them. And the same goes for these Caramel Apple Pecan Rice Krispie Treats. The flavor combination of these treats is so utterly satisfying.
My guy and I finished a full tray of these within a couple of days, that's how tasty there are. The dominating flavor is caramel, but the apples and pecans come through with every bite. Naturally, I added more caramel and roasted pecans to the top of these, because why not?
What makes these Caramel Apple Pecan Rice Krispie Treats?
These treats are filled with caramel flavor. They can be made with homemade or store-bought caramel. The dried apples add a nice chew and the pecans add a needed crunch. All of these ingredients work cohesively to create such a devious overall flavor. While I am a fan of the original rice cereal treat, it is so fun to play with added ingredients and flavor profiles.
Other Recipes You'll Love
As I said before, these caramel apple pecan rice krispie treats are the perfect blend of caramel, apple, and pecan. They are simple, which means they are easy to make. And they are perfect for munching indoors with a glass of hot cider and your favorite holiday movies. These treats would make a great addition to your holiday dessert plans, as they are a light, sweet treat after a large, filling meal.
Caramel Apple Pecan Rice Krispie Treats
- 5 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 cup freeze-dried apples finely chopped (dried apples would work too)
- 1 cup chopped pecans roasted
- 3 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1 10-oz package mini marshmallows
- ⅓ cup prepared caramel plus a little more for drizzling on top
- In a large bowl combine rice Krispie cereal, freeze-dried apples, and pecan pieces. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt together the butter and marshmallows. Once melted, quickly stir in caramel sauce until well combined.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over rice Krispie mixture and quickly stir until everything is well incorporated. Working quickly, pour the mixture into a greased 13-in by 9-in baking pan and smooth until level.
- Allow to cool and set before slicing into squares. Drizzle with caramel sauce as desired.