We all love cookies. So, a cookie that’s made just a little bit healthier is ideal for those of us who want more than just one. These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect option for this.
So, what is in these delicious Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies?
I have not been baking as much as I would like because we are trying to cut back on the sugary treats. This cookie recipe made things easier for our sweet cravings. It calls for a hefty serving of peanut butter. (Can you say protein?) And, instead of all-purpose flour, it solely uses old-fashioned rolled oats. Of course there is sugar; it’s a cookie recipe after all. But, because of the fat from the peanut butter, this recipe only uses a small amount of butter. I did include chocolate chips, but you could use raisins or any other kind of dried fruit instead. And the additional peanuts are completely optional. Cinnamon would be a lovely addition to these cookies as well.
I think you will enjoy these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies as much as we did. They satisfy when the cookie craving hits, but without all the guilt. They make a great snack, and a couple of these cookies would satisfy as a breakfast. And might I add, they are perfect microwaved slightly and served with a glass of vanilla almond milk.
You May Also Like:
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts slightly chopped
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat together butter and both sugars in electric mixing bowl with paddle attachment until fluffy and well incorporated. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined. Add in baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Add in peanut butter and beat until well combined and creamy. Gently fold in oats and chocolate chips. Mixing until just combined.
- Using the cookie scoop of your choosing (baking times may vary) scoop balls of dough onto baking sheet, leaving approximately 2-in space between them. Flatten each dough ball slightly. Bake until set and cookies are slightly golden, approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container.