Use Trader Joe's Corn Cookie Mix to make these Corn Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches: two trader joe corn cookies sandwiched around a scoop of strawberry ice cream for the perfect sweet treat!
I used Trader Joe's Corn Cookie Baking Mix to make the trader joes corn cookies. Trader Joe's Corn Cookie Mix is a seasonal item and typically can be found on shelves during the summertime. If you stay update with Trader Joe's newsletter, the Fearless Flyer, you will know when you can find Trader Joe's Corn Cookie Mix at your local Trader Joe's.
Trader Joe's Corn Cookie(s) Mix
Trader Joe's Corn Cookie Mix is simple and easy to use. The trader joe corn cookies are quick to make. It only takes approximately 15 minutes in the oven to bake. What do trader joe's corn cookies taste like? The corn cookies are a chewy and soft cookie, similar to sugar cookies in texture in appearance. The cookies are sweet but with a mild corn taste.
Ice Cream Sandwiches
Sandwiched between the yellow trader joe's corn cookies is sweet-tart bright pink/red strawberry ice cream. The soft and chewy texture of the cookies make the perect house for the strawberry ice cream center. Strawberry is the optimal flavored ice cream to sandwich between the trader joe corn cookies. The sweet-tart taste of the stawberry ice cream balances well with the sweet-corn flavored cookies. I used dairy-free strawberry ice cream for this recipe, but using dairy based ice cream is fine. The yellow trader joe corn cookies present beautifully sandwiched around the red-pink strawberry ice cream.
Corn Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Assembly
- The first step is to bake the cookies according to the package instructions. I scooped mine with a medium-sized cookie scoop, as the box specified. If you want larger or smaller ice cream sandwiches, feel free to use a large scoop.
- After cookies have baked, they need to be cooled completely in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Pull the strawberry ice cream out about 5 minutes before scooping, to soften. Scoop ice cream onto the corn cookies, one large scoop on each. Place another cookie on top and gently push down.
- Place ice cream sandwiches into the freezer for at least 20 minutes to firm back-up before eating.
Other Recipes You'll Love
These corn cookie ice cream sandwiches really are an homage to summer. These are the perfect way to celebrate the season before it comes to an end. I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day. Here's to the coming fall and everything it has to bring. Comment below if you make this recipe!
Corn Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 10 corn cookies baked from box mix and cooled; see note
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- Place the cooled corn cookies, bottom side facing upward, onto a parchment or wax paper-lined sheet tray.
- Scoop one scoop of strawberry ice cream onto 5 of the cookies. Place a second cookie onto the strawberry ice cream and gently press down.
- Place the tray of ice cream sandwiches into the freezer to firm up for at least 20 minutes before eating.
- Corn cookies are made from Trader Joe's Corn Cookie Baking Mix. Bake according to the box instructions. Place cooled cookies into the fridge for at least two hours before making ice cream sandwiches.