These Corn Ice Cream Sandwiches are perfect for summertime. Two corn cookies are sandwiched around a scoop of straberry ice cream for the perfect summer treat!
It is officially Labor Day, which is crazy. I feel like a small part of me is stuck in March, and yet fall is fast approaching. I am not complaining though. This Labor Day is quite different from the last. While we are staying safe at home, it doesn't mean we can't have some delicious eats. We will be ending the evening with some of these Corn Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches, that much is for sure!
More About the Corn Cookies:
The cookie base for these corn cookie ice cream sandwiches comes from a box. I used Trader Joe's Corn Cookie Baking Mix. These corn cookies were super quick to put together and took about 15 minutes in the oven. The cookies themselves are chewy and reminiscent of a sugar cookie, but with a corn flavor. There may be other corn cookie mixes out there, if you can't get your hands on a box from Trader Joe's.
Ice Cream Sandwiches
As stated above and in the title of this recipe, corn cookies are the base to these ice cream sandwiches. The cookies are soft and chewy, which makes them a great base for ice cream.
The ice cream of choice for this recipe is strawberry. While I used a dairy-free version, feel free to use your favorite brand.
The corn flavor from the cookies pairs absolutely beautifully with the strawberry ice cream center.
- The first step is to bake the cookies according to the package instructions. I scooped mine with a medium sized cookie scoop, as the box specified. If you want larger or smaller ice cream sandwiches, feel free to use a large scoop.
- After cookies have baked, they need to be cooled completely in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Pull the strawberry ice cream out about 5 minutes before scooping, to soften. Scoop ice cream onto the corn cookies, one large scoop on each. Place another cookie on top and gently push down.
- Place ice cream sandwiches into the freezer for at least 20 minutes to firm back-up before eating.
Other Recipes You'll Love:
These corn cookie ice cream sandwiches really are an homage to summer. These are the perfect way to celebrate the season before it comes to an end. I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day. Here's to the coming fall and everything it has to bring.
Corn Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 10 corn cookies baked from box mix and cooled; see note
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- Place the cooled corn cookies, bottom side facing upward, onto a parchemnt or wax paper lined sheet tray.
- Scoop one scoop of strawberry ice cream onto 5 of the cookies. Place a second cookie onto the strawbery ice cream and gently press down.
- Place the tray of ice cream sandwiches into the freezer to firm up for at least 20 minutes before eating.
- Corn cookies are made from Trader Joe's Corn Cookie Baking Mix. Bake according to the box instructions. Place cooled cookies into the fridge for at least two hours before making ice cream sandwiches.