I’ve recently been going through the recipe archive of my previous blog. I found these decadent Chocolate Ganache Covered Brownies. I think we could all use a hefty dose of chocolate right about now, so I wanted to share them. I’ve been watching what I eat recently, but I always leave room for dessert. Even if it just means a bite of something, it satisfies my craving for something sweet. A bite of one of these does just the trick.
These Chocolate Ganache Covered Brownies are the real deal!
These brownies are dense and fudgy. The chocolate ganache on top is smooth and rich, making it the perfect accompaniment to the fudgy brownies. These are NOT fat-free, but they are a special treat, and you deserve it. The recipe calls for a nice dark cocoa powder alongside chocolate chips. The large quantity of butter adds to the richness. And of course the combination of heavy cream and chocolate in the ganache completes the whole thing.
So, what is in this decadent recipe?
- Unsalted Butter: And lots of it! A large quantity of butter is just one of the reasons that this brownie recipe is set above the rest.
- Granulated Sugar: There are 3 cups of sugar in this brownie batter. Mind you, this recipe makes approximately 2 dozen brownies.
- Eggs: You’ve got to have eggs in a fudgy brownie recipe. This one calls for 4 of them.
- All-purpose Flour: The flour is what holds everything together and gives these brownies some structure. I have not experimented with any gluten-free substitutions for this recipe, thus far.
- Cocoa Powder and Chocolate Chips: While we could certainly call these brownies, double-chocolate, the cocoa gives the most pronounced chocolate flavor to the batter. The semi-sweet chocolate chips add just more decadence to these already decadent brownies!
- Chocolate Ganache: The piece of resistance for this recipe is the ganache. These brownies are covered in a smooth, luscious ganache made from heavy whipping cream and semi-sweet chocolate.
This recipe is for a 13-in X 9-in tray, so it makes a lot. These are great for sharing, but remember they should be refrigerated when not eating. If you have a hankering for chocolate, these Chocolate Ganache Covered Brownies will satisfy. These are rich, but as I stated earlier, you deserve it now more than ever!
You may also like:
- Fudgy Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies
- Almond Joy Brownies
- Fudgy Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Black Forest Brownies
Chocolate Ganache Covered Brownies
- 3 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 6 oz chopped semi-sweet chocolate (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 13-in X 9-in baking pan, set aside.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla, mixing until combined.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the batter in three parts, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, smooth out with spatula. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until set. Filling will not be completely set, there will still be a slight jiggle. Allow brownies to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to a boil, stirring constantly. Once boiling, remove from heat. Pour boiling cream over chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and whisk together until smooth ganache forms. Pour ganache over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until ganache is set before serving.