I’ve recently been going through the recipe archive of my previous blog. I found these decadent chocolate ganache covered brownies. I think we could all use a hefty dose of chocolate right about now, so I wanted to share them. I’ve been watching what I eat recently, but I always leave room for dessert. Even if it just means a bite of something, it satisfies my craving for something sweet. A bite of one of these does just the trick.
These brownies are dense and fudgy. The chocolate ganache on top is smooth and rich, making it the perfect accompaniment to the fudgy brownies. These are NOT fat-free, but they are a special treat, and you deserve it. The recipe calls for a nice dark cocoa powder alongside chocolate chips. The large quantity of butter adds to the richness. And of course the combination of heavy cream and chocolate in the ganache completes the whole thing.
This recipe is for a 13-in X 9-in tray, so it makes a lot. These are great for sharing, but remember they should be refrigerated when not eating. If you have a hankering for chocolate, these chocolate ganache covered brownies will satisfy. These are rich, but as I stated earlier, you deserve it now more than ever.
Stay safe and stay strong <3
Looking for more brownie goodness? Try my Fudgy Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies.
Chocolate Ganache Covered Brownies
- 3 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 6 oz chopped semi-sweet chocolate (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 13-in X 9-in baking pan, set aside.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla, mixing until combined.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the batter in three parts, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, smooth out with spatula. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until set. Filling will not be completely set, there will still be a slight jiggle. Allow brownies to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to a boil, stirring constantly. Once boiling, remove from heat. Pour boiling cream over chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and whisk together until smooth ganache forms. Pour ganache over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until ganache is set before serving.