March surely felt like forever, but April is flying by. I cannot believe it is almost May, but my allergies sure can. I have been feeling the punch of sinuses this week. My head is full of tightness and pressure, and my nose was full of congestion yesterday. Thankfully I took some medicine which seems to have helped, but I am still not at my best. Hoping next week is better. But let me tell you, these fudgy double chocolate walnut brownies sure helped me out this week. Sometimes chocolate is just what you need, actually almost always. And my heart has a special place for brownies.
These brownies are fudgy as hell and full of delicious chocolate flavor thanks to the cocoa powder and melty chocolate chips. These are small batch, only a 9-in by 9-in tray, so roughly 12 (good sized) brownies. They do not require much flour, which is great since it is still difficult to find right now. The walnuts are a great accompaniment to the fudgy chocolate base. Whether you get an end or a center piece, these double chocolate walnut brownies will melt in your mouth. These are great room temperature or warmed slightly in the microwave to melt the chocolate chips in the center.
If you don’t have a 9-in by 9-in square pan, an 8-in baking pan will do just fine. You may have to adjust the baking time slightly. Feel free to use chocolate chunks in place of the chips, or chopped pecans in place of the walnuts. Whatever way you decide to make them, you will not be disappointed with these fudgy double chocolate walnut brownies; I can promise you that.
Stay home and stay safe. Sending you love and good vibes. <3
One brownie recipe not enough?
Try these Black Forest Brownies for a decadent bite.
Fudgy Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melter
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-in baking dish, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together butter, avocado oil, and sugar. Whisk well for 1-2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla, whisk for an additional 2 minutes, until light in color.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Carefully fold the dry ingredients into the egg butter mixture, until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan, spread out evenly. Sprinkle the top with the chopped walnuts. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just set. (Brownies will be soft and chocolaty with a crackled top.) Allow to cool before slicing.
- Recipe adapted from Cafe Delites.
- You can use an 8-in baking dish; baking time may need to be adjusted.