Baked Apple Oatmeal
Baked Apple Oatmeal is hearty, healthy, and full of apple cinnamon flavor. Enjoy warm with maple syrup!
- 1 cup apples peeled and chopped small; about 2 small apples
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 cups oat milk Whole or almond milk works great as well.
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or liquid coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts chopped; optional
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease an 8X8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, toss the apples with the ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
In a large bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, salt, and light brown sugar.
Whisk together the milk, egg, vanilla extract, and avocado oil. Add the wet ingredients into the oat mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the apples and walnuts.
Carefully pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top, is golden brown and the mixture is set. Allow the oatmeal to cool slightly before serving.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or freeze in slices for up to 3 months.
Calories: 343kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 7gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 320mgPotassium: 234mgFiber: 5gSugar: 21gVitamin A: 223IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 198mgIron: 2mg
Tag your photo #sugarylogic or @sugarylogic