Nobody can resist sprinkles, especially when they
involve freshly baked sugar cookies.
With the holidays in tow, all I can think is cookies and more cookies. Thus, I took out a sugar cookie recipe and some sprinkles for some cookie magic. Sprinkles always make me feel like a kid. Whether they are on ice cream, cake, or cookies, sprinkles add a childlike flare that cannot be resisted.
This easy recipe is a nice addition to the holiday cookie tray. They appease children and adults alike. You can use holiday-themed sprinkles too! And the ease of this recipe makes it ideal to bake with children.
Bring some color to your life with sprinkled sugar cookies.
(you know you want to)
Want more sprinkled and baked goodness? Try my
cream cheese brownies; you will love them, I promise.
Sprinkled Sugar Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- sprinkles as desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture in three parts, mixing well after each addition.
- Roll the dough into teaspoon sized balls and roll in desired sprinkles. Place cookie balls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake cookie trays for 8-10 minutes, or until golden.
- After two minutes, remove cookies from trays and cool on wire racks. Repeat process with any remainng dough.