It’s peanut butter jelly time.
I don’t know about you but I love a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It brings out the child in me. The salty and sweet flavors are just right.
Amidst the holiday stress, a whimsical comforting favorite is a must.
These bars are not overly sweet, making them a great breakfast or snack. They would make a great edible gift for the child at heart. You know you want some too.
Peanut Butter Jelly Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup jam whatever berry flavor you would like
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 3 tbsp peanut butter creamy
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 13 X 9 in. baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, and honey until fluffy and well combned. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing until well blended and all ingredients are combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Spread jam across surface of bars while still warm, making sure bars evenly covered. Sprinkle with peanuts. Allow to cool completely.
- To make glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar, peanut butter, and milk until a fluid glaze forms. Drizzle the bars with icing.