I love a good granola.
Granola is healthy, hearty and satisfying. When you’re craving cereal, granola fills the void. And when you add peanut butter to the mix, just forget about it. I adore peanut butter in recipes, whether it be in rice crispy treats, bars, cookies or cakes, there is something really delightful about the sweet and salty thing peanut butter baked treats have going on.
This granola has a punch of protein and a subtle sweetness that tastes perfect atop yogurt, in a bowl with milk or as a garnish to your favorite smoothie bowl. It makes for a quick and healthy breakfast option or a midnight snack. And it’s easy to make too, just saying.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy granola? Comment Below 🙂
Peanut Butter Granola
- 1/2 cup peanut butter smooth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp hemp protein powder (I used vanilla flavored)
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick oats)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, butter, and honey. Over medium-low, heat the mixture until melted and well incorporated, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats and hemp protein powder. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats and stir until all of the oats are coated with the mixture.
- Immediately, pour the mixture on to the Silpat covered baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before separating and spreading the granola into tiny clumps. Store in an airtight container.